Friday 8 August 2014

Phase II to Phase III

Some interesting accidents in phase II.  Looking forward to finishing up and moving on to phase III.  I made some decisions with phase II that I'm not entirely content with.  I will have a few samples of finished bisque at the end of this next phase.  I did spend some time deciding that I would not do that and I had good reasons but it turns out I still want to see those finished products sitting side by side.  I took a few chances in Phase II that turned out brilliantly - and I still love the side projects which continue to inform.


Here is what is not obvious about working in multiple passes: 
  • The first pass (phase) work keeps talking to you
  • There are things in the first pass that actually worked better than things in the second pass (for example sizing (and what I first thought of as an unpleasant clay body actually turns out to be quiet nice.)  Some of the sizing/proportional items worked better first time.
  • Phase I + Phase II work generates a completely unique conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment